The Tennessee Titans are a professional American football team based in Nashville, Tennessee. The Titans compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the American Football Conference (AFC) South division and play their home games at Nissan Stadium.
Originally known as the Houston Oilers, the team was founded in 1959 by Bud Adams (who remained the owner until his death in 2013), and began to play in 1960 in Houston, Texas, as a charter member of the American Football League (AFL).
The Oilers won the first two AFL championships along with four division titles and joined the NFL as part of the AFL–NFL merger in 1970.
The Oilers made consecutive playoff appearances from 1978 to 1980 and from 1987 to 1993, with Hall of Famers Earl Campbell and Warren Moon, respectively.
How Much Does Each Tennessee Titans Coaching Staff Take As Salary?
- Mike Vrabel signed a 1 year, $3,025,000 contract with the Kansas City Chiefs, including an average annual salary of $3,025,000 as head coach
- Todd Downing takes home an average annual salary of $1million as offensive coordinator.
- Jason Houghtaling takes home an average annual salary of $2million as an offensive line assistant.
- Tim Kelly takes home an average annual salary of $5million as Passing Game Coordinator.
- Rob Moore takes home an average annual salary of $660,000 as wide receivers coach.
- Pat O’Hara takes an average annual salary of $1,750,000 as a quarterbacks coach.
- Terrell Williams takes home an annual salary of $11,000,000 as a defensive line coach.