Merri Dee‘s 30-year career in Chicago broadcasting is honorable in itself.
One of the primary African-American women to moor the news in the Windy City, Dee has parlayed her big name into magnanimous work.
She has raised a huge number of dollars for child abuse, led casualties’ freedoms regulation, and aided increment reception rates in Illinois.
Dee’s expert victories become significantly more splendid considering her own conditions.
She got through awful maltreatment as a child, battled for quite a long time as a single parent, and almost kicked the bucket in the wake of being abducted and shot.
For each situation, Dee’s positive soul helped her defeat as well as flourish.
Who Was Merri Dee’s Nicolas Fulop?
Merri Dee was married to her second husband, Nicolas Fulop, from 1999 until her death in 2022. In addition to her daughter, Dee also has an adopted son, Attorney Richard H. Wright
Merri Dee Cause of Death
Merri Dee‘s Cause of death has been revealed by her family, according to the family, Merri Dee died peacefully in her sleep at home.
Merri Dee Awards
- Lewis University, Honorary Doctorate of Humanities, 2000
- Academy of TV Arts and Sciences, Silver Circle Award, 2001
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Adoption Excellence Award, 2004
- University of Illinois, Center on Women and Gender, Lifetime Achievement Award, 2003
- United Negro College Fund, President’s Award, 2004