The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are a professional American football team based in Tampa, Florida. The Buccaneers compete in the National Football League (NFL) as a member club of the league’s National Football Conference (NFC) South division.
The club joined the NFL in 1976 as an expansion team, along with the Seattle Seahawks, and played its first season in the American Football Conference (AFC) West division. Prior to the 1977 season, Tampa Bay switched conferences and divisions with Seattle, becoming a member of the NFC Central division.
As a result of the league’s realignment prior to the 2002 season, the Buccaneers joined three former NFC West teams to form the NFC South. The club is owned by the Glazer family and plays its home games at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers Coaching Staff Salaries
- Bruce Arians take home an average annual salary of $8million as head coach.
- Harold Goodwin earns an average annual salary of $1million as assistant head coach/run game coordinator.
- Todd Bowles takes home an average annual salary of $3million as defensive coordinator.
- Byron Leftwich signed a 1 year, $825,000 contract with the Pittsburgh Steelers, including a $65,000 signing bonus, and an average annual salary of $825,000.
- Chris Boniol takes home an average annual salary of $1million.
- Mike Caldwell takes home an average annual salary of $1million.