First, this great article talks about the list of all American League East Division titles won by the Baltimore Orioles.
Nicknamed The O’s and The Birds, the Baltimore Orioles are an American professional baseball team well known and found in Baltimore, Maryland. The baseball team owned by lawyer Peter Angelos competes in the Eastern Division of the American League.
The establishment that would turn into the Orioles was established in 1894 as a small-time group situated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, called the Brewers.
The Orioles have a total of nine AL East Division titles.
List of All AL East Division Titles Won By Baltimore Orioles
Below is the curated list of AL East Division titles won by the popular baseball team.
- In 1969, the Orioles won their first AL East Division under the watch of Earl Weaver with a record of 109-53.
- With a record of 108-54, the Orioles won their second title in 1970.
- Earl Weaver led the Orioles to their third title in 1970.
- In 1973, the Orioles maneuvered to their fourth title.
- 1974 saw the Orioles taking their fifth title.
- Fast forward to 1979, under the guide of Earl Weaver, the Orioles won their sixth title.
- In 1983, Joe Altobelli led the Orioles to grab their seventh title.
- Davey Johnson took over the Orioles, led the team to win their eighth title in 1997 with a record of 98-64.
- In 2014, Buck Showalter helped the Orioles to grab their ninth AL East Division title with a record of 96-66