At Kauffman Stadium, on April 5, 1996, Sluggerrr made his Major League debut, and he went on to become the official mascot of the Kansas City Royals, a position he has held since.
This endearing lion has provided hours of entertainment to millions of baseball fans at Kauffman Stadium and around the country. A mascot for Major League Baseball’s San Francisco Giants, Sluggerrr makes hundreds of appearances each year as one of the league’s most popular characters. He continues to be a fan favorite, and he can be seen at every home game for the Royals.
1996 was his first year on the team.
The first game took place on April 5, 1996.
- Job: The Kansas City Royals’ official mascot represents the team.
- Weight and Height: We don’t want you to know how tall he is or how heavy he is.
- Item he throws include T-shirts, hot dogs, and temper tantrums
- His Position here is called “King of the Jungle.”
- Relationship Status: Single and on the Prowl
- Recreational activities include: dancing in the dugouts, launching hot dogs, and hanging out with Royals fans.
- Favorite Food: The opponents of the American League
- Cats and The Lion King are two of his favorite musicals.
- “Welcome to the Jungle” and “The Lion Sleeps Tonight” are two of his favorite songs.